Monday, July 5, 2010

Out of the mouth of the girl child


Exchange between my daughter and her father in the car.


Daughter:  Daddy, why did you just turn the radio up?

Daddy:  Because I like this song and this band is one of my favorites!

Daughter:  Who is it daddy?

Daddy:  U2

Daughter:  Who?

Daddy: U2 sweetie, the band.

Daughter: Me?

Daddy:  No sweetie U2.

Daughter: Me 2?

Daddy:  No sweetie, the band is U2

Daughter, shaking her head and looking out the window, mutters to herself:  HMMM, He MUST be talking about someone else.


Conversation between me and my daughter in the garage.


Daughter:  Mommy can I ride my bike in the driveway?

Me:  Sure sweetheart, let me finish what I am doing and I will open the garage door.

Daughter:  Ok mommy, can you hurry, come now I really don't want to wait!

Me:  Sure sugar, why don’t you go ahead and put your helmet on, then move your bike out, then you will be ready when I am all finished.

Daughter:  Sure mommy, that sounds like a deal.  She walks over to her bike, puts her helmet on then tries to move her bike.  Looks around at all the stuff in the garage and shakes her head.  Looks over at me and says….
Well I could GET my bike out AND be ready when you are if this DAMN big wheel wasn’t in the way!”    Damn this big wheel!

Me:  What did you day darlin?

Daughter:  YES, you heard me correctly mommy, I SAID, if this DAMN big wheel was not in the way, I could get my bike out.  Do you think you could come take care of this for me please?  Something is just always in the way or I have to wait on somebody, its not fair!

Me:  Laughing, doubled over with tears running down my face, I move the DAMN big wheel, open the garage door and watch her ride off.

1 comment:

  1. You should write a movie script - "S%*# My Daughter Says"

    ReplyDelete